The second Vinyl Mon Amour volume. In the first episode, we gave a view of what this podcast will be, with no limits and no prejudices except the love of vinyl.
Bickerton Records was born in 2012 as an in-house label at Sunny Day Records – now extinct – but in mid-2015, we started a second stage in our history, now completely independent and with a broader action field. We’ve become a bigger company, little by little, starting in 2018 with a new division for black sounds, Croydon Records.
We love all things mod/6t’s, soul, beat, garage, psychedelia, r&b etc., but we also love punk, power pop and new noisy r’n’r.
Hey there, music makers and music fans. Welcome to Bickerton Records, your ultimate source for all your musical needs! We believe in allowing independent musicians to share their music with the world, and our mission is to make that happen. We’re here to help you make and spread some awesome music. Let’s get started!
Other pieces are from VARIOUS ARTISTS ‘ARE THEY HOSTILE? Croydon Punk, New Wave & Indie Bands 1977–1985 released on Damaged Goods Records.
An 18-track compilation based on the film of the same name featuring the best of Croydon’s punk and post-punk scene!
Are They Hostile? It is a new documentary film about Croydon’s Punk, New Wave and Indie scene in the late ‘70s and early ‘80s.
To coincide with the film’s release, Damaged Goods Records are releasing a compilation vinyl LP and CD featuring bands from in the film, including Johnny Moped, The Marines, The Daleks, Case, Fanatics and also bands such as The Straps, who played Croydon many years usually at The Star Pub in West Croydon.
The film takes its name from the BAD ACTORS first single, ‘ARE THEY HOSTILE?’ which featured a 15-year-old Griff Griffiths on drums.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s make some music!
Anyone who has a vinyl and wants to be on this podcast fill out the form: https://www.iyezine.com/contatti
Here is the playlist:
- Wild Zeros – Did you dig it ! – Adrenalin Fix / Beast / Heavy Medication Records
- Johnny Moped – Groovy Ruby (Live at the Roxy) – Damaged Good Records
- Fanatics – Total Confusion – Damaged Good Records
- The Recalls – Again – Bickerton Records
- Marco Busato – Around the sun – Bickerton Records
- King Arthur & his Lord – ‘Till the end of the day – Kryptic records
- The Tambles – Got me Going – Bickerton Records
- The Tambles – Home – Bickerton Records
- The Kryn – Talk too loud -Bickerton Records
- The Kryn – Quit you – Bickerton Records
- The Robot – 12 favorities from planet earth – Bickerton Records